The 2020 review class for the Virginia Certified Horticulturist, sponsored by Central Virginia Nursery & Landscape Association (CVNLA), is now open for registration. The review class helps prepare employees for the VCH exam and promotes higher standards within our industry.
Class Registration Deadline: January 10, 2020
(or whenever the 30 student capacity is reached)
Certification Course Schedule
January 21 to March 4, 2020, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. See schedule below.
Location: all certification courses and the final examination will be held at the Henrico Government Complex-
8600 Dixon Powers Dr. Richmond, VA 23228
Human Services Building 2nd Floor Demo Kitchen
Upon receipt of your class registration or VCH manual order, you will be given password access to the VNLA Virginia Certified Horticulturist online review guide which includes plant ID photos and practice quizzes. Manual can be purchased from the VNLA, see below.
- Jan 21, 2020 – Tuesday – Basic Botany: Soils & Fertilizers; Lawns; Water Quality & Conservation (Ed Olsen)
- Jan 27, 2020 – Monday – Plant Prop’ Veg Garden; Indoor Plants & Herbaceous Plants (Laurel Matthews)
- Feb 3, 2020 – Monday – Pruning & Fruit in the home garden (Joel Koci)
- Feb 10, 2020 – Monday – Landscape Design
- Feb 18, 2020 – Tuesday – Basic Entomology; plant path; diagnosing plant damages & Pesticide Use & Safety (Carol Pilgrim)
- Feb 24, 2020 – Monday – Woody Plants ID (Jim Hassold)
- March 4, 2020 – Wednesday – Woody Plant ID (Jim Hassold)
- Test Dates: TBA
- Membership VNLA $65.00 – $495.00 www.vnla.org
- Manuals $137.86 (VNLA Members) $175.00 (Non-Members) includes tax/shipping
- Class Fees *$75.00 (CVNLA Members) $ 150.00 (Non-Members), submitted to the CVNLA
- CVNLA, P.O. Box 28525 Henrico, VA 23228
- Exam Fees $55.00 (VNLA Members) $250.00 (Non-Members)
*NOTE: Class discount for CVNLA member; not VNLA member; separate classifications. CVNLA sponsors class and VNLA sponsors exam.
Fees should be made payable to VNLA. Help support your local organization, become a member of the Central Virginia Nursery & Landscape Association. email: firstname.lastname@example.org