The 2018 review class for the Virginia Certified Horticulturist, sponsored by Central Virginia Nursery & Landscape Association (CVNLA), is now open for registration. The review class helps prepare employees for the VCH exam and promotes higher standards within our industry.
Class Registration Deadline: January 8, 2018
(or whenever the 30 student capacity is reached)
- Membership VNLA $65.00 – $495.00 www.vnla.org
- Manuals $137.86 (VNLA Members) $175.00 (Non-Members) includes tax/shipping
- Class Fees *$75.00 (CVNLA Members) $ 150.00 (Non-Members)
- Exam Fees $55.00 (VNLA Members) $250.00 (Non-Members)
*NOTE: Class discount for CVNLA member; not VNLA member; separate classifications. CVNLA sponsors class and VNLA sponsors exam.
Fees should be made payable to VNLA. Help support your local organization, become a member of the Central Virginia Nursery & Landscape Association.
Certification Course Schedule
January 22 to March 19, 2018, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm. All on Monday nights except February 20 due to county holiday.
Location: all certification courses and the final examination will be held at the Henrico Government Complex-
8600 Dixon Powers Dr. Richmond, VA 23228
Human Services Building 2nd Floor Demo Kitchen
Upon receipt of your class registration or VCH manual order, you will be given password access to the VNLA Virginia Certified Horticulturist online review guide which includes plant ID photos and practice quizzes.
- January 22 Basic Botany; Soils & Fertilizers; Lawns; Water Quality & Conservation (Ed Olsen)
- January 29 Plant Propagation; Vegetable Garden; Indoor Plants, & Herbaceous Plants (Dean Detrich)
- February 5 Pruning & Fruit in the Home Garden (Joel Koci)
- February 12 Landscape Design (Tom Thompson)
- February 20 (Tuesday) Basic Entomology; Plant Pathology; Diagnosing Plant Damages & Pesticide Use & Safety (Carol Pilgrim)
- February 26 Woody Plants ID (Jim Hassold)
- March 5 Woody Plants ID (Jim Hassold)
- March 12 OR March 19 Certification Examination begins at 6:00 pm and ends at 10:00pm (maximum of 24 seats each night)